Back from the Brink Steering Committee Member and Associate Director of Physicians for Social Responsibility-Los Angeles Denise Duffield discussed Back from the Brink at the Arms Control Association’s (ACA) 50th Anniversary Conference on June 2, 2022. She joined panelists Daryl Kimball, Executive Director of the Arms Control Association, Joan Rohlfing, President and Chief Operating Officer of the Nuclear Threat Initiative, and Zia Mian, Co-Director of the Princeton University Program on Science and Global Security for a provocative discussion on revitalizing the movement to eliminate nuclear weapons. The panel was moderated by ACA Acting Board President Chris Wing. Below is a video of Denise giving compelling remarks about Back from the Brink’s critical role in building a community-based, grassroots movement for nuclear disarmament. The full panel discussion can be viewed here and videos from the entire conference can be viewed here.
- Fall Advocacy around 2MSP with Back from the Brink
- BftB Resolution Adopted by South Portland, Maine!
- U.S. Conference of Mayors Adopts New Resolution in Support of H. Res. 77!
- “Growing Support for Nuclear Abolition” featuring Rep. Jim McGovern – Video & Resources
- Anti-Nuclear Activist Dr. Ira Helfand Awarded Prestigious Gandhi-King-Ikeda Prize