Back from the Brink Steering Committee Member and Associate Director of Physicians for Social Responsibility-Los Angeles Denise Duffield discussed Back from the Brink at the Arms Control Association’s (ACA) 50th Anniversary Conference on June 2, 2022. She joined panelists Daryl Kimball, Executive Director of the Arms Control Association, Joan Rohlfing, President and Chief Operating Officer of the Nuclear Threat Initiative, and Zia Mian, Co-Director of the Princeton University Program on Science and Global Security for a provocative discussion on revitalizing the movement to eliminate nuclear weapons. The panel was moderated by ACA Acting Board President Chris Wing. Below is a video of Denise giving compelling remarks about Back from the Brink’s critical role in building a community-based, grassroots movement for nuclear disarmament. The full panel discussion can be viewed here and videos from the entire conference can be viewed here.
- Take Action! Urge Your Congress Member to Co-Sponsor H.Res1185
- Chicago Becomes Largest Midwestern City to Pass Back from the Brink Resolution
- US National Episcopal Church Endorses Back from the Brink
- First Meeting Of States Parties To The UN Treaty On The Prohibition Of Nuclear Weapons Convenes In Vienna
- Breaking Down Silos and Confronting Interlocking Injustices: BftB joins Poor People’s Campaign Moral March